Sunday, December 6, 2015

No Freakin FEAR


Fear fuels my fire. I am not intimidated!  When I'm confronted by fear something gets stirred up deep inside of me that forces me to forge ahead. I use it as fuel to take myself to the next level, mentally, emotionally, or physically. You see, I see fear as natures way of forcing us to think outside of the box, to do things different. Sometimes we question the validity and possibility of that forward thinking idea. 

For example, I kept wondering how I would be able to make outdoor Bootcamp classes appealing yet affordable for this group of women I know. I questioned whether any of them would even be interested. I almost talked myself out of offering it at all but then I offered it to one woman who immediately said yes. I then invited a handful of others who also said yes and they invited other people who asked me if they could join and it is now growing everyday. I am now creating an exercise and nutrition journal chock full of tips, ideas and challenges along with other incentives for the program.

So you see, when fear surfaces you have to get creative and DO WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU ARE AFRAID OF DOING -- without worrying about criticism or risk of failure. There is no such thing as failure for having tried. That's called an attempt at success. Take a deep breath and try again.. Immediately! Fear is the energy that has ignited many dreams.  It is through uncertainty that opportunities surface and people grow. If you are too comfortable where you are you risk settling down and staying there. We need fear! So don't let uncertainty or fear stunt your growth. Acknowledge the fear and then, forge ahead and go after that fear with a vengeance. Blow by blow you will ameliorate fear! 

If you are afraid of joining the gym because you worry about what other people may think about you for doing so, do it anyway. If you are intimidated by the gym hire a personal trainer. A personal trainer will familiarize you with the equipment and design a workout plan that's right for you. Don't be sold however; find a trainer that matches your style and personality. Some gyms will assign a trainer to you but if you do not think it is a good match you have the right to ask for another. If you need to lose weight and have been hiding behind your weight as the funny one, or nice one, LOSE WEIGHT ANYWAY! Let people see you for who you really are and stop hiding behind your weight. The point is, you cannot let fear stand in your way. Use it as a stepping stone to get you to your goal or destiny. Step by step you will be saying HASTA LA VISTA BABY - no more fear. 

Remember to Eat Well & Be FIT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to join the conversation!